Saturday 31 August 2013

Germany is out shopping!


Shopping, busy, India


Today I took once again a long walk on one of the shopping streets here and I must say that I was astonished by the quantity of people out shopping!

I did not manage to register specifically where people went but I did see plenty of shopping bags from Hollister, Primark, H&M, Subdued, Lindner was full, Saturn and Mediamarkt were full. Karstadt were stuffed with people.

Plenty of people were sitting on cafés drinking beer and eating. All the ice cream places were full. Generally a very good shopping day. It was bustling with so much life that I thought I was back in Gdansk in Poland again.

Is there an explanation for why? Do we need one? Only thing I can come up with is that maybe they had saved money for going on their three to four weeks of summer vacation. Were they had saved and calculated also money for food, restaurant etc. When they got back they realised that One: I got a salary while I was gone and since i did not go to restaurant, cinema, pub, drove my car or even went to the supermarket then I Two: Have extra money to now go shopping for.

I hope that my interpretation is wrong and that the general economy in Germany is so good that people simply buy more things. Still they should decrease that and try to save more in stocks! Which we saw in a previous article how little of that they had they had.


No comments: