Wednesday 24 December 2014

Merry Christmas 2014


Christmas tree, 2014, mine

This is the first time ever that I have my own Christmas tree! It looks frugal as it should look being in my household. Underneath is however a bit too many gifts. The new rule this year was to buy one gift to a maximum value of 50 €. By the look of it, it semi-worked. The gifts, even though still too many due to coming from the entire family, have significantly decreased and this will do us all well for the future.

As I budget everything I also notice that the food bill have significantly increased during December. We needed to buy baking products for baking Christmas cookies. Food for the Christmas dinner includes meat that we would usually not buy neither in the quantity or price level and also fish that tends to be very expensive here in Berlin.

Already yesterday I started cooking for the Christmas dinner with a Christmas ham (julskinka), meatballs and a red root salad. Today I will boil potatoes, eggs, make the Janssons frestelse, Christmas porridge and re-heat everything that needs that to be able to make an acceptable julbord tonight!

I am currently thinking about giving myself, as a Christmas gift, a salary increase in 2015. If I do it and my company will be able to support it then I should be able, all other things remain the same, to make almost two investments each month which should then push up my yearly investments to around 20k € from my targeted 12k € that I have today.

Anyway... Merry Christmas to you all! I wish you a peaceful Christmas with your family and friends.

My previous greeting and thoughts in 2013 can be found in Merry Christmas!.

4 comments:

Chris Bailey said...

Merry Christmas indeed! Best wishes for holiday season and keep up the great work with the website. Am enjoying following your journey hugely. Over the quieter holiday period I may finally get the chance to reply to one or two more of my favourite posts over recent weeks.

Eighth Wonder Investing said...

Merry Christmas and best wishes for 2015. Keep up the good work!

Best regards,
Eighth Wonder Investing

Fredrik von Oberhausen said...

Thank you Chris! You financial writing career is having a nice take off with Yahoo finance and I read all you write also there! I look forward to what will be next for you in 2015!

Fredrik von Oberhausen said...

Thank you very much! I wish you good luck with your career so that you get hired by the fortune 500 company, if that is what you want, and you are still so young that your investment career will become excellent!