Thursday 4 December 2014

Stock bought December 2014: Talanx


Talanx, a German insurance company

As I mentioned yesterday I was very much interested in increasing the piggy bank part of my investment portfolio. By piggy bank I mean a solid, boring company that pay out a good dividend with a low risk of going belly-up. Since before I already have Münchener Rückversicherung (analysis of MüRe 2014) for this purpose and I thought that I had bought E.On (analysis of E.On 2014) for that very same purpose but in that case it turned out to be a wrong decision since not only have the share price dropped like a stone but they have also cut the dividends during my ownership.

In an attempt to receive a new piggy bank I therefore bought 40 shares in the German insurance company Talanx that are traded on the MDAX and that also owns around 50% of Hannover Rückversicherung (analysis of Hannover Rückversicherung 2014) if I remember correctly. For my 40 shares I paid including fees 1012.18 € which means that I paid 25.30 € per share.

Last year they paid out 1.2 € per share in dividend and I hope to at least receive the same during next year since it then only corresponded to 40% of their earnings and the running nine months are looking pretty flat compared to 2013.

To find out more about Talanx then please click on analysis of Talanx 2014 and to take a look at my current Stock Portfolio then please click on that link. The portfolio will however not be fully updated until the end of the month.

No comments: