Wednesday 18 November 2015

Berkshire Hathaway: Warren Buffett Q3 2015


Berkshire Hathaway, conglomerate run by Warren Buffett

My feeling this time turned out to be correct and a company "gone" from the list once again reappeared but as a much larger holding. There were some things in this report that disturbed me and I guess many of you will feel the same.


The new or maybe "new" additions were:

AT&T - I guess the easiest will be to call it a communications and media company especially now since they have taken over DirectTV that Berkshire Hathaway used to own

Kraft Heinz - This is what came out from the merger of Kraft Foods and Heinz. Two companies that Berkshire Hathaway already had large ownership of so it is not a new investment as such. It is a food and beverage company.

Phillips 66 - This oil and gas companies were the one "kicked out" in the last filing for now to reappear as a much larger holding.

For the previous report please click on Berkshire Hathaway: Warren Buffett Q2 2015.


Berkshire Hathaway, Q3, 2015, Warren Buffett


Conclusion: So two of the "new" holdings comes from mergers and the third one comes form them hiding it from the SEC filing. Still that is not what disturbed me this time... I do not like that they decreased in Deere and I am also disturbed that they have decreased in Wal Mart. the only thing I do like is that they increased in IBM. So for me personally one good and one bad news.

Source: SEC

No comments: