Saturday 2 April 2016

Summary of March 2016


March, 2016, summary

Share prices kept increasing during the month so there are less and less opportunities to jump into. Either way I am out of the monthly investment side of the fence so all my enjoyment is gone for the time being.

So even though I did change all those essays into being formally correct the teacher did not accept it. I am very disappointed because I would have loved to be able to put that behind me.

As a preparation for a job that I applied for I signed up for studies regarding workers rights and discrimination that would be given online from Lund University during the summer. For the autumn period I signed up for some additional economy (to try to get the missing points from there instead) as well as some psychology/leadership/motivation stuff.


The worker rights etc was as a preparation if I would get a job in Sweden and the leadership/motivation would be good no matter where I would end up in the end. I have already accepted the job in the UK but for a job in Sweden I am now in the third and final stage and I have decided not to close the door on that one yet. It is a great job with a lot of responsibility but it feels too early for me to take that job and I hope that they will in the end see it as I do. Future will tell... and it will be a nice experience to be picked apart with the tests that are coming up because it is all about learning and improving. Always learn! Always improve!

As I mentioned before all monthly investing has now been put on hold to guarantee a smooth transfer to our new job, new life and new country. Once there... I will most likely get started pretty soon again even though I will on the side of the monthly investments do my very best to build up enough capital for buying a home.

For the previous summary please visit Summary of January 2016 and here you can see my stock portfolio as it is.


March, 2016, invested, current, portfolio


The total invested value is now up at: 81,975 € including a realised loss of 3,757 €. The only investment that were made during the month was to start a new position into ETF Portugal. Also this month the biggest portfolio change came from fresh investments.


March, 2016, holdings


The value of the portfolio is today: 72,489 € and I have decided to leave a bit more than 1.2k on the broker account as my classical buffer there and for the future I will most likely only make new investments when I have received enough dividends for making further investments at a reasonable fee. The combined unrealised and realised loss is now at: -9,485 € (-12%) which is of course bad.


March, 2016, Me versus DAX


DAX improved during March and are now at 9,805 points which means a monthly gain of almost 2.3% which is a good month but my own portfolio improved with 2.7% which means that I beat DAX with 0.5% points during March.

Conclusion: The second month in a row that I managed to beat DAX but soon I will not have a chance because my companies pay out dividends and decrease in value but in the DAX index that is directly re-invested so I lose a couple of %-age point there each year.

No comments: