Thursday 11 May 2017

Hugo Boss annual report 2016


Front page of the annual 2016 report from Hugo Boss

For the report in full please click here and unfortunately there are no previous summary but to find out more concerning Hugo Boss from a very, very old analysis then please go to analysis of Hugo Boss.

Looking at the table below then we see that sales did indeed drop down during 2016 and most of that was from Americas but the big downside comes in a massive drop in earnings. One big chunk of costs came from Hugo Boss closing down around 20 stores that were not profitable (66 millions) so let is hope that that is truly a one off cost. I am amazed that they have managed to keep as well as generally have such a high gross profit margin of 66%. That probably explains my unhappiness when I bought my suit there many years ago.


Financial statement for Hugo Boss 2016

Conclusion: Hugo Boss had a bad year and several investors were unhappy with the managements decision how to progress in the future. Based on my own experiences it was on a dip like this that I bought Adidas and I hope that in 2 to 3 years from now that I will be able to sell Hugo Boss with a profit of well over 100%. I will remain as a shareholder.

No comments: